In today’s world, everyone is thankfully having a health awakening. We all want to look after our health in the best way possible. Unfortunately, due to our packed schedules, this can be a little tough. But, with the advent of a chemical compound in the medical sector things me very well change. Let us ask a question: how to use CBD oil?
The chemical compound that you’re talking about is Cannabidiol or CBD. Just recently the chemical CBD has a row is the curiosity of a lot of people. The main reason for this is the medicine of properties that CBD possesses. It is an organic chemical that has the power to help reduce the symptoms related to a wide range of diseases. Whether you want mental relief of physical, CBD has the elements that can make the process a lot easier for you.
This recent popularity of CBD has had a tremendous impact on the cannabis industry as a whole. Currently, the industry is being valued at $13.7 billion. Furthermore, experts predict that by 2025, the under strain will reach a total valuation of $66.3 billion. If you take into consideration the restrictions that were put on the chemical, this number is, in fact, very noteworthy.
In addition to all of this, things look favorable for CBD in the long term. Not only Americans, but the world at large is also looking for ways to adopt CBD into their daily lifestyle. Read on as we discuss the different ways in which you can take CBD. And maybe increase the wellness of your health to a certain extent.
We have already spoken that CBD can have a positive influence on your health. But, what exactly is the chemical? And, how is it good for us?
CBD is a cannabinoid that is found growing in the cannabis Sativa plant. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-depressant properties that make it beneficial for a lot of medical reasons. It interacts with the endocannabinoid system of our bodies to regulate our mental and physical health. In addition to this, the neurological health is maintained by CBD as well.
How CBD Oil Interacts With The Human Body?
The oil that is extracted from the cannabis Sativa plant is known as CBD oil. As mentioned above, the chemical gets in contact with the endocannabinoid system.
Before we talk about the interaction, we will give you a little more insight into what an endocannabinoid system includes. This system is found in human beings as well as animals such as dogs and cats. It was only recently found in the 1990s and as such not much information is available about the system. We only have a broad knowledge but that is more than enough to know how CBD interacts with it.
The body system has two receptors. The first receptor is the CB1 receptors and the second sector is a CB2 receptor. The former is found near the brain area of the user. It is responsible for handling the cognitive functions of a person. Cognitive functions include reasoning, thinking, talking et cetera. In addition to the mental functions, physical movement and coordination fall under its jurisdiction as well. The latter receptor, the CB2 receptor is found in the other community area of the user. It is this receptor that handles pain and information management in the body.
The CBD chemical interacts with the CB2 receptor specifically. When a person consumes CBD oil, the oil is absorbed into the bloodstream of the user. From there, to get in contact with the body system. It should be noted here that the CBD chemical acts as a stimulator. In other words, the CBD chemical encourages the body to produce its own cannabinoids.
It does not produce cannabinoids on its own. After producing cannabinoids, the body’s immunity increases. And, as such, it can fight the different health conditions more efficiently. Also, CBD does not latch on to the CB2 receptor.
CBD and THC: How Are They Related?
When we talk about CBD it is also important for us to mention THC. You see, the cannabis Sativa plant has around 80 to 200 chemical compounds growing in then. Out of all these cannabinoids, there are two which are the most prominent. When is the THC chemical and the other, of course, is CBD.
THC is a chemical compound that has a psychoactive nature. When it is consumed in higher amounts, the user can experience a state of high. The main reason for this intoxication is that the THC chemical interacts with the CB1 receptor. If you remember, the CB1 receptor handles cognitive functions. Hence, a person is thinking, reasoning sharpness et cetera may get influenced when they consume THC. As a result, many governments do not allow the free use of this chemical. On the contrary, the CBD chemical is a non-psychoactive element.
No matter the amount, users will not experience any euphoric high when they consume CBD. It is due to this that both the chemicals THC and CBD have different identities in the eyes of the law.
In addition to the differences, there are similarities between CBD and THC as well. As they are found in the same mother plant, both the chemicals have a similar structure. Also, like CBD, THC gives medicinal benefits to the body. It can treat a lot of health conditions such as cancer, heart disease, and cholesterol. It can lower stress levels and build up the appetite of the user as well. Even so, the intoxicating nature of THC makes it undesirable for a lot of people.
The Innumerable Ways CBD Oil Is Useful to the Human Body
Due to its therapeutic properties, CBD oil has an overall positive impact on the human body. That too without influencing the senses of the user. This makes it desirable to a lot of people as compared to THC.
We have made a list of some of these benefits that you can avail when you consume CBD oil products.
1. CBD oil may help lower anxiety and stress levels. CBD is a relaxing catalyst. It helps to destress the mind and body due to its therapeutic effects. Scientifically, the CBD oil increases the serotonin secretion in our body. The research found that the symptoms of serotonin deficiency what is the same as higher levels of anxiety in a person. And, since CBD helps to increase the availability of serotonin, it automatically reduces the anxiety levels. One of the symptoms of anxiety is increased stress too. Hence, taking CBD oil may improve the body in terms of its anxiety and stress levels.
2. CBD oil can help people suffering from depression and insomnia. Due to its antidepressant properties, people suffering from depression may find CBD oil useful. The chemical helps to reduce negative emotions being felt by the user while helping him or her regain their appetite. It can give the user the much-needed positivity boost he or she needs. As for insomnia, research has proved the effectiveness of CBD here. CBD oil can help to regulate sleeping patterns. This, in turn, increases the quality of sleep. In fact, CBD oil can be really useful for insomniacs for its soothing effects.
3. CBD oil may help to reduce the risks related to cancer. One of the biggest advantages that users can avail of from CBD oil is the reduction of cancerous tumors in the body. Before we discuss this any further, we would like to point out that there is a need for much more detailed research in this field. A study conducted by scientists found out that when rats were given CBD oil, they showed lower risks of rectal cancer. If this proves to be more concrete, this is a piece of very positive news.
Actually, the chemical removes dead and weaker cells in the body. In addition to this, it replaces them with stronger and healthier cells. As a result, the growth of cancerous tumors is control to the point of prevention too.
4. CBD oil may reduce the risks related to heart diseases. One of the major causes of heart diseases and heart attacks is the buildup of plaque in the valves. Atherosclerosis, the main cause of heart attacks, is the name given to this plaque buildup. The reason why this is harmful is the stress that it can put on the heart. Also, CBD oil is first absorbed into the bloodstream of the user. Hence, the therapeutic effects may benefit the heart too.
5. CBD oil may help to improve skin conditions that the user may be facing. Issues such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne can be effectively curbed by applying CBD topicals. Topical here are the regular skin creams and lotions just infused with the CBD oil. These creams can be easily absorbed into the skin membranes facilitating quick effects. Also, the CBD chemical helps to reduce fine lines of aging such as wrinkles. The common redness and blotchiness can be controlled by using CBD oil as well.
6. CBD oil can help in managing chronic pain. Again, users can feel the release sensations when they use CBD topicals. They just have to apply the product to the affected area. The pain signals being set off by these areas is weakened by the CBD chemical. This, in turn, helps to maintain the muscular and joint health of the user in the most efficient way possible. People who tend to exercise may face muscle tears. The CBD chemical is useful in such cases as well.
How to Use CBD Oil?
With the increase in the demand for CBD chemicals, there has been a corresponding increase of CBD manufacturers in the medical industry. These companies see the potential and thus, are innovating products for their target customers. CBD brands have realized that a single product cannot satisfy the needs and preferences of so many people. Keeping this in mind, they have introduced many different ways in which people can take CBD oil. We are not joking when we tell you there is something for everyone. Read on as we discussed the ways in which you can consume CBD oil along with their dosage.
1. The Oral Method Using Edibles And Tinctures
The most common products under this method include CBD edibles, CBD capsules and, of course, CBD oil. There are also CBD tinctures and CBD isolates powder available here.
Over here, the user needs to either swallow or ingest the product. After the CBD oil travels through the digestive tract, it is then absorbed into the bloodstream. From there it goes to the endocannabinoid system. The biggest con of this process is the first-pass metabolism which reduces the bioavailability of the oil.
When you consume CBD via this method, you will experience the relief effects after a certain time. In fact, the onset time here is this the west. Due to the involvement of the digestive system, the passage of the CBD oil is longer. Having said that, the lasting of the relief effects is also the longest under the system. You can experience relieve sensations for around 1 to 6 hours depending on the dosage. It is also a child-friendly method and is recommended for families. You also get the advantage of those which control under this method.
You can determine the correct dosage for you depending on the serving size of the product. CBD gummy bears, CBD gumdrops, CBD capsules et cetera contain eight prescribed dosages. Most of the time, CBD brands mention the dosage on the product label which makes it easier for users.
2. The Topicals Method Using Skin Creams
In this method, the CBD oil is added to topical. Topical is generally include lotions, balms, and skin creams. This is a completely external method of using CBD oil.
When is user is suffering from chronic pain or muscle tear, he or she needs to apply the CBD oil on the affected area. The products are created in a way to help the CBD oil easy seep through the skin membranes. When we reach the target area, it reduces the information in the surrounding joints and tissues.
Pain-perceiving nerves and muscular tissue can be calmed by CBD oil as well. It should be noted that CBD does not come into any contact with the bloodstream of the user. However, if you opt for transdermal patches then it may. But, then again the amount is negligible.
Users can expect really affects depending on the intensity of the pain. To put it simply, this method is not that fast but not that slow as well. You have to apply the cream depending on your needs. In other words, if you are suffering from intense pain, apply a higher amount of the product and vice versa.
3. The Sublingual Or Buccal Oral Method
Here, mostly CBD oil and CBD tincture liquids are used. When we talk about the traveling passage, then the entire bloodstream becomes the same in this method. The users need to directly place the CBD oil under the tongue if they prefer the sublingual method. For the buccal method, the CBD oil is placed on the inside of the cheek. This is because both the tongue and the cheeks are rich in capillaries. This, in turn, facilitates easier and faster absorption of the oil into the bloodstream of the user.
Under this method, it is advisable to consume them in smaller amounts and then gradually increase it as per needs. Similar to CBD edibles, the relief sensations take time to activate. But once activated, they also last the longest. You can expect to feel relief for up to 4 hours after using tinctures. The biggest advantage of this method is the unpleasant taste that the users cannot skip. This is why more people prefer consuming CBD oil through edibles.
4. The Inhalation Method Using CBD Vape Pens
The products under this method include vape pens, smokables, and cannabis flowers. When the user vapes or smokes, the CBD smoke travel to the lungs. And, from there it is absorbed into the bloodstream in small amounts continuously. The advantage of this method is that first-pass metabolism is completely eliminated. But, the biggest pro is that the smoke may have a harsh impact on the lungs of the user.
This is the fastest way to experience relief sensations while CBD oil. However, if you want longevity, then this is not preferable. The relief effects fade out faster as well. When we talk about dosage, professionals have figured a particular method to maximize relief sensations. The vapor from the vape pen needs to be held for at least five seconds. And, then it is to be exhaled slowly. Depending on the CBD concentration, users can fluctuate this style.
The Best CBD Oil Intake Method For You
There is no simple answer for this question, really. You can choose a method which is most feasible for you. Choose a CBD oil intake method depending on your needs and preferences. And, of course, your budget constraints. You can even visit your health specialist to understand the different options along with optimal dosage.